Thank you to Zezee for the nomination!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
So, without further ado, here are my answers:
- What is your favourite classic novel? Why is it your favourite?
One book? That’s impossible! I can never just pick one book. I tend to have favourites by favourite authors. I love Emma by Jane Austen, Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy, The Idiot by Dostoevsky, Daniel Deronda by George Eliot, The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald, Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde and so many more! Why are they my favourites? They all just resonated with me so much in one way or another.
- For some reason, the universe is feeling generous and everyone gets $10,000 next weekend to go anywhere in their respective countries. Where would you go?
I live in the UK, so it doesn’t cost that much to get around. And I’m not the kind of person that could blow $10000 staying somewhere like the Ritz- especially since I live in London anyway. I guess I’d take the money, go to Cornwall for the weekend and keep however many thousand is left.
- Have you ever seen a shooting star? Did you make a wish? Care to share? Did it come through?
- What’s your favourite type of blog post to write?
I don’t know what this says about me, but I love the ones where I get to rant about books I hate.
- Suppose you lived in a world where your life is a novel, what genre would you want it to be?
Fantasy- because I need there to be dragons.
- Of all the novels you’ve read, which character do you dislike the most? Why?
Usually I hate the annoying heroes that are meant to be perfect more than the actual villains. I really hate it when they’re supposedly justified for being complete douchbags, just cos the author has designated them as “heroes”. This basically goes for any female character that strings along two perfectly decent guys, just because, for some reason, they’re special and so normal rules about cheating don’t apply to them. So I pretty much hated all the lead characters in the Selection, Firelight and Talon. But the one that really takes the biscuit is Tatiana from the Bronze Horseman. Not only does she get the guy she’s in love with to string along *her sister*, because for some reason having him cheat on her is better than telling the truth from the beginning, she is also an annoying sap of a character to boot. Gah- there are not enough words here- I will probably have to dedicate an entire review to my hatred of this character.
- What’s the most unique book you’ve ever read?
Poison by Chris Wooding. It’s a bit out there, but the plot twists are sensational and I absolutely loved it.
- If you could meet any character from a book, show, or comic, who would it be and why?
I’d meet Loki, because according to a game called MASH (one of those predict the future games) I’m destined to marry him.
- Suppose you slept until your sense of time got muddled and when you wake, there’s no one around as if they’re still sleeping. Would you be able to tell the difference between dusk and dawn? (P.S.: The digital clocks stopped working.)
Yes- they smell different.
- When do you like to write? Morning, noon, night? All?
- It’s the end of the work/school day and you’re exhausted. As you’re about to leave, Big Billy the Bully grabs your keys and runs off. The keys are your only means for getting home. What would you do? Anything is possible. Disclaimer: Your solution must include a ladder, a donkey, and fried oreos with green cheese. (I ran outta questions.)
Now this is the best question ever. Obviously, I would ride after him on my donkey. When I catch up with him I would use the ladder as a makeshift joust and clobber him with it (cos I’m a very violent person). Then, while he is barely conscious, I would force feed him fried oreos and green cheese as punishment. Simple.
Now my questions for bloggers:
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favourite standalone novel? (I’m not so subtly looking for book recommendations here)
- What is your favourite summer romance novel? (As above)
- What book character is your doppelgänger? AKA have you ever had that moment when reading a book where you just thought “oh my goodness, this character is ME”? If so, who was it?
- What book world would you most like to live in?
- If you could erase one book from existence, which one would it be?
- What would your daemon be in the Northern Lights?/What would your patronus be in Harry Potter?
- If you had a superpower, what would it be?
- If you had to choose a time period in history to live in that was not the modern day, what would it be?
- If you were in the Hunger Games, do you think you’d make it to the end? If so, how would you survive? If not, how long would it take before you got killed?
- And finally, would you rather be a human that can only speak to dogs, or a dog that can only speak to humans?
- After Twilight
- My Renaissance
- The Sceptical Reader
- Dawn of Books
- Ana’s Lair
- Books With A View
- Naomi Leila
If I didn’t nominate you, feel free to answer the questions in the comments section below!