So I’m still trying to make a dent in my tag list- cos crikey it’s still reallly long- but I thought no time like the present. Thanks to LaBookDreamer for the tag!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Jeez- how the hell did it get to 20,000? Regardless of how big the TBR is though, I’d still just read what I fancy
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I used to have the opinion that if I’ve committed to a book then I have to finish it. I dunno, it was some weird masochism on my part, because now I have no idea why I made that rule. I mean if a book’s rubbish and I can’t see it getting better, why should I waste my time finishing it? Life’s too short. Incidentally Ariel Bissett had a similar epiphany recently
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I have to admit I’ve never done a goodreads challenge. Partly cos I know I never put the dates in of when I finish books, so keeping track of whether I actually passed or failed would be nigh on impossible. But also I literally have no idea how many books I can expect to read in a year. Sometimes I’ll go months only reading a book a week or less, and sometimes I’ll read 30 and just be perplexed at how I found the time. Either way, I have no idea what would be too much and what would be too little. Phew- that was a long-winded way of saying: I don’t know
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
Cry? No I’m joking. I’m afraid I don’t actually care about this- I have loads of books that don’t match (shock horror) and it doesn’t bother me. If I like the book then I’m only gonna worry about the words on the page. If I don’t… well then it’s going to the charity shop anyway.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I vent on here! My two first posts were to deal with how much I hated Captain Corelli’s Mandolin and As I Lay Dying. I also look at similar reviews to make sure I’m not the only one that feels this way! I know I shouldn’t care what other people think but it’s really reassuring to know I’m not going crazy!
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I try to cover it up somehow.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!
If the previous book wasn’t good enough that I remember vital plot details, then I won’t be rereading it. If I think I’m missing something huge I’ll google it.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I learnt this lesson the hard way- too many lost books. I tell people I have a rule about not lending or borrowing books- they can’t be mad if I refuse to borrow their books as well. That being said, I kind of changed my policy lately, cos there’s some people I know well enough to just ask for my book back!
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I give myself a break. If I don’t want to read, I won’t. Reading’s supposed to be fun, not a chore!
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Story. Of. My. Life. The cheap ones, obviously.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Depends on the book! Depends on my mood!
So that is it for the tag! I’m gonna tag some more of my newer followers: