Thank you to Codie for nominating me and an especial thank you to Reinreads– I know I told I probably wouldn’t get round to this- but let’s face it, if you nominate/tag me for something, it may take months for me to get to it, but I can’t resist doing it in the end!
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
ELEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- Hmm if something interesting doesn’t happen to me fast, I’m gonna have to come out with things like “I’m 5ft5 and female”
- I once met Richard Curtis- which was interesting- but I was pretty star-struck, so I didn’t say anything- which was not so interesting
- I also got a hug off Bernard Hill once- which was nuts.
- On a different note, I really suck at directions
- Consequently, I got lost ten minutes from my house the other day
- And five minutes from my work
- I tend to panic if I don’t know where I am- which doesn’t help
- Other than that, I’m pretty good in an emergency
- For example, my oven caught fire last year, but I kept a cool head- I just filled up a bucket of water and dumped water on it.
- Speaking of fires, when one did happen in my building when I was in first year of uni, and the fire alarm woke me up in the middle of the night, I just got out of bed and left without taking anything. It was only after that I realised I had the answer to that question: what would you take if your building burned down? Turns out, for me it’s nothing.
- I say I woke up- in reality I slept through the alarm and my flatmate had to come in and wake me up. So probably the reason I didn’t take anything is cos I wasn’t really concious.
- What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Easily this one by the Pogues:
- Who’s your favorite fictional character?
I don’t have one- but at the moment I’m loving Baz from Carry On
- Are you more of a morning or a night person?
- What instantly reminds you of your childhood?
The Beatles! (And no, I was not born in the 70s, it just happened to be something my mum played a lot on the school run)
- Is there a book you reread every year?
I used to reread The Hobbit every year- but my copy is stuck in storage and I haven’t been able to get to it for a while- *sobs*
- Where do you buy your books?
Either second hand online, Waterstones, Book Depository, charity shops or Amazon
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Egypt- I’ve always been fascinated by the mummies.
- What’s on your wishlist for Christmas?
- What’s your favorite movie?
I don’t have one- but I do always feel like Lord of the Rings are my happy movies- so I suppose that’s sort of the same thing.
- What makes you feel better when you’re feeling down?
- What do you like best about yourself?
Aww that’s a nice question- but also really embarrassing to answer on the internet- my imagination and creativity I suppose *blushes*
- Would you rather only read your favourite book for the rest of your life, or read different books except your favorite book?
Different books! I’m not much of a rereader at the moment (but I have been in the past- so if this actually happens I might regret this answer).
- Do you judge books by their cover?
- Physical books or ebooks?
Physical! (Although I am still a fan of ebooks for making my life easier)
- Do you pre-order?
- Favourite heroine-hero duo (movie, tv series, or book)?
I don’t know if they’re my favourite, but I’ve always liked Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs
- Least favourite genre?
Hmm well I usually say Sci Fi, but having read the Martian recently, I don’t know if I can still say that.
- Biggest pet peeve in books?
Pretentious drivel- I actually hate that more than poorly written trash- cos I hate things that are too try-hard.
- Have you ever felt a special connection with a protagonist before? If so, what book?
Loads of times! Honestly- one of the reasons I loved Isla and the Happily Ever After so much is because I related to the main character so much. The same is true of Cress and Daniel Deronda– don’t know what that says about my life- maybe someone out there is gonna piece that all together and come up with something?
- What is a book you love that everyone else hates?
I don’t know if everyone hates it per se, but I do know a lot of people think Isla and the Happily Ever After is the weakest in Stephanie Perkins’ series- but it’s my favourite!
- Favourite book turned movie?
Another hard one! I love Shawshank Redemption- but I’ve not read the book so I don’t know if it counts for this.
- Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? If so, which ones?
Maybe, haven’t really decided.
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
- What’s the most disappointing book you’ve ever read?
- What are your biggest book pet peeves?
- Cats or dogs?
- What song makes you happiest?
- What’s your favourite “happy” movie?
- Ever met anyone famous?
- What’s your favourite planet? (can anyone tell I’m running out of questions- it’s been a long week)
- I dare you to stand up and do the macarena!
- Not including reading, what’s your favourite thing to do in your spare time?
- If you could only ever read one book you’ve never read before and one book you have read to read for the rest of your life- what would they be?