Hi all! Gosh it’s been a looonnng week- and that’s unfortunately kept me away from WordPress- did you miss me? :p I have had the absolute honour of being nominated for *4* Liebster Awards, so I’m going to make up for my absence by making a bumper post with them all! Watch out- cos this is gonna be a big one!
Now let’s get to it! Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Nut Free Nerd’s Questions:
- Put your music on shuffle. What are the first five songs that come up?
This could really backfire, cos I have some really weird stuff on my Itunes. Ok, let’s do this… Ooh I’m actually pleased to share this:
- What’s the last thing that made you laugh really hard?
Curb Your Enthusiasm! Cos it’s pretty, pretty, pretty good:
- What’s something you did in 2015 that you’re proud of?
Finished my degree
- What’s one thing you hope to accomplish in 2016?
Lots of things- not sure yet what I’ll consider an accomplishment till the year is out…
- Do you enjoy going to concerts? If so, what was the last one you went to?
Love them! I went to this Nina Nesbitt concert recently (actually she wasn’t the headliner- but I wasn’t really interested in the main person)
- What is one of your favourite quotes?
Might have used this one before, but how’s this one:
- What is the weirdest food you like?
Erm is any food weird? I don’t know, if I like it, I don’t really think of it as weird. How about chopped liver (pate)- I love that stuff- is that sufficiently weird?
- What book has made you cry the hardest?
I sobbed my eyes out the whole way through Heir of Fire- cos even when good things were happening, it was like going through an emotional blender
- What was the best day of your life?
Ho ho- I don’t know if I can answer that!
- What fictional world would you love to live in (or at least spend some time in)?
- If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would it be?
Oscar Wilde- he would be such fun!
Amidst the Pages’ Questions:
- What is your favourite book? Why? (Only one)
Only one??? Well I guess, my favourite story from childhood, and consequently the book that means the most to me, is Peter Pan.
- How long does it take you to read a 400-page book?
Depends on the book!
- Have you ever tried writing a story? If yes, title?
Yup- I’ve written loads of short stories and 4 books. Titles are not my forte, but since you’re asking, my first novel is called Enchantress (I know- super original, but I swear when I wrote it, there were no other books with that name!)
- Have you ever tried giving a book one star or none at all and reviewing it? What did you feel?
Oh I do that all the time when I hate books. I’d actually prefer not to- cos I’d actually prefer to only read awesome books
- How important is the cover of the book?
Not that important- though I can definitely appreciate a pretty cover when I see it. Case and point:
- You read based on what?
Based on the fact I love it!
- Can you listen to music while reading? If your answer is yes, or no, why?
I do that all the time, cos I read on my way to work and I need to listen to something to block out the noise of the tube (aka the London Underground for everyone outside the UK).
- What book genre do you enjoy or reading most?
Pff depends on my mood. Sorry that’s no answer at all.
- First person’s POV, or third person’s POV? Why?
Either- sorry again, that’s not really an answer either.
- Have you ever lent someone your book? Did you set rules?
Yup- when you’re finished- give it back!
- How do you obtain your ebooks?
My Book’s Opinions Sites’ Questions:
- How many books do you read per week and what is your goal for this year?
One or two- and I don’t have a goal. I felt like that would’ve been too much pressure cos I did remarkably well last year and I don’t think I’ll have the chance to read as many- but at the same time I don’t want to set a goal that’s lower than the number I read this year!
- How many book boyfriends do you have?
Too many to count!
- What are the books that you are ashamed that you didn’t read?
Ermm I guess I would like to read War and Peace one day and am ashamed that I’ve ruled it out for the foreseeable future.
- What would you do if your friend lost a book that you lent to her/him?
Cry… Just kidding! I dunno, ask for another copy or just let it go. If it meant that much to me, I probably wouldn’t have lent it. So yeah, most likely I would…
- What is a book that you loved but hated the movie adaptation?
So many! Probably the biggest disappointment I’ve ever had with any movie is the Hobbit trilogy- which I did a whole rant about here.
- What book describes you the most? Why?
I really don’t know… Peter Pan maybe?
- What books made you stay up all night to finish it?
Haha most books that are 3* and up can get me reading them through the night!
- If you had to choose between walking and reading, what would you choose?
I would do both simultaneously. In fact I have done both simultaneously- many times- on main roads. What? I’m not saying it’s smart- but it just… happens. Especially when you’ve just got a great book out the library and are walking home… It’s kind of an occupational hazard of being a reader…
- What character would you want to be?
Myself 😉 Or Smaug- just look at that face…
- Did you ever cry in public while reading a book?
Yup- I’d say not a full on sob- but I just remembered that I was out in public when I read the finale to the His Dark Materials trilogy- and who can resist sobbing over that book?
- A character that you want to punch in the face?
Oh so many! How about Jacinda from Firelight- cos I don’t think I’ve mentioned my hatred for that book before. Grrr now I think about it, I want to punch all the characters in that book- does it count if I want to punch the author? Just kidding! (sort of)
- What is your favourite type of junk food?
You mean apart from chocolate? Chocolate, obviously :p
- What inspired you to start a blog?
Well I’ve given a full synopsis of it before, but reading to sum up reading Captain Corelli’s Mandolin- because I hated it and needed to vent about it afterwards. You can read my (very ranty) review here.
- Dog or cat person?
Depends on my mood- at the moment I’m more of a dog person- I mean just look at this face:
- Would you consider yourself a passionate or passive reader?
- Are you the type to keep your resolutions or break them?
I keep them- but I don’t tend to do them at New Years’
- I’m stealing Nut Free Nerd’s Question- put your music on shuffle- what comes up?
- What’s your favourite Disney song?
- Who’s your favourite Disney villain?
- What’s the weirdest book you’ve ever read?
- Who’s your oddest book crush?
- What’s the best excuse you’ve ever given?
- What’s the worst job interview question you’ve ever had? If you’ve never had a job interview- what’s the most random question you’ve ever been asked? (not including this one)
- What is your favourite sport? (either to watch or play)
- What’s the best bad thing you’ve ever eaten? (aka a desert that was so disgustingly bad that you felt guilty but delighted about having eaten it)
- Write a poem detailing your love for your favourite food.
- Okay, at the risk of making this all about food, would you rather only ever be able to eat your favourite food for the rest of your life or eat whatever you want *except* your favourite food?
Okay, in case it isn’t really obvious, I’m really hungry… so I’m gonna go get myself something to eat!
Phew- that was a long one! If you stuck around for this whole post then ta very much!