Yeah, I’m in a funny mood :p And sadly, no, this post has nothing to do with Mrs Doubtfire. I am just excited to do this tag! Thanks so much to Betwixt These Pages and Eve Messenger for nominating me for this award- they’re both awesome so you should definitely check them out?
1. Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
2. Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
3. Create 7 questions for your nominees.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
1. Sometimes a book grows on us long after we’re done reading it, and we realize it was actually much better than when we first rated it. Has this happened to you, and which book was it?
Ooh that’s an excellent question- I often change my ratings on goodreads. Often I can be more generous to books, and then end up lowering my rating. But I also increase ratings from time to time. I think sappy romances tend to get a generic three star rating, but I’ll increase it later if I actually enjoyed it, like I did with Second Chance Summer.
2. What’s the scariest novel you’ve ever read?
Well I’m a bit of a scaredy cat, so I found Breathe (a children’s book) terrifying.
3. What is the most boring book you ever had to read for school?
Ooh that’s a great question- I’m not a big reader of non-fiction and I had to read some incredibly dry ones for University. The dumbest thing I ever read was Saussure- not a fan.
4. Do you speak more than language? If so, which ones?
Nope- sadly not. I’ve tried to brush up on my French after doing it for GCSE, but I don’t have enough patience.
5. Have you ever had a dream in which a book character appeared?
Yeah loads- funniest dream I ever had was when Saruman convinced me that he was not really the bad guy. Later, after Saruman had killed loads of people and was still running round with orcs, Aragorn said to me “how could you?”- and it was only at that point I realised I might have made a mistake- whoops! All this took place in my old primary school. Yeah, sometimes my dreams get weird…
6. What are the next three books on your TBR list?
Ahh my tbr is such a long list- I’m probably gonna write a whole post on it- but for now it includes Shadow of the Wind, followed by any one of the gazillion books I own but haven’t read yet (haha I know I didn’t make it to three, but can only give 20 on a list or none at all)
7. When you think of your favourite books, what are the first two to come to mind?
- What’s your favourite Robin Williams movie? (ah look at me making this relevant to my random tangent!)
- In keeping with the weird theme, what’s your favourite story/book/movie where someone does a Mrs Doubtfire and dresses up as someone they’re not?
- I’m running out of questions related to Mrs Doubtfire… Turn your itunes on shuffle- and “Jump Around” (the song at the beginning of the movie) to whatever song comes on- report results!
- Okay, now for a change of topic- who’s your favourite comedian?
- Barring Shakespeare and the Bible- which book would you say was most important to save in the event of the apocalypse?
- For Harry Potter fans: what do you think the boggart would turn into if you encountered it? For everyone else: what’s your biggest fear?
- Voldemort has just confessed his love for you, saying you are the only person that has ever managed to convince him that love exists- what do you say back to him?