Happy Sunday!! I don’t know about where you are, but here it is a beautiful sunny day and Murray has just won the Wimbledon Final!
And since it is such a b-e-a-utiful sunshiney day I figure now is the perfect time to catch up on the Sunshine Blogger Award, which I was nominated to do by 4 lovely bloggers:
They’re all absolutely awesome- so I insist that you check out their blogs- right now!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer.
Ooh err… this is gonna be a bit like 20 (or rather 44) questions- best get started!
Simply A Book Drunk’s Questions:
- Wonderland, Neverland or Narnia?
- What is the last picture you took with your phone?
Easy- none- I don’t have a camera phone (yes- I’m from the stoneage 😉 ) But I took this with my camera a week ago:
- Have you ever danced in the rain?
Of course- if you have never done a rendition of Singing in the Rain in the street, you haven’t lived!
- Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
- What is your perfect pizza?
Veggie with extra cheese!!
- Which book should everyone read?
- If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you want to have seen?
The Big Bang 😉
- Take the book closest to you and flip to page 37. What is the first sentence?
“There is a lot to be said for scrubbing a frying pan until you can see your face in it, especially if you’ve been entertaining ideas of gently tapping someone on the head with it.” – Unseen Academials
- What was the first thing you thought when you woke up this morning?
Wimbledon Final today!
- Tell us a fun fact about the country you live in.
The guy that designed the Houses of Parliament was paid with a tea set- I mean, I know we’re obsessed with tea but that’s a bit much.
- Do you believe in ghosts?
No- unless they’re listening…
- If you could choose the timeline of your life, which decade would you particularly choose and why?
The roaring 20s
- Do you think dinosaurs were real? Why do you say so?
Yup- cos of this:
- If you’re in the Voice (USA), who would you choose as your coach?
I don’t even follow the UK version- so I don’t know- is that one of the one’s with Simon Cowell? (Showing off my layman’s knowledge of reality TV here…)
- Who among the big roles in Harry Potter do you like the most and why?
Maggie Smith cos she’s Maggie Smith
- What makes you crush on someone?
When they’re hot.
- Would you date your bestfriend’s (or sister’s) ex?
- Do you know who Felicity Porter is? If you do, what do you think of her? If you don’t would you mind searching about her? Do you think you would be interested in knowing her? Why?
No… Googles her… Still no.
- Do you have the app called Sing! (a.k.a. Smule?) Why? Why not?
Umm- I have no idea what this is!
- What is the ultimate betrayal for you?
Betraying me in some small insignificant way- like supporting Raonic in the Wimbledon final 😉 Just kidding! (or am I?)
- Which part of your day do you like most?
The part when Murray just won the Wimbledon final!!
(Okay that doesn’t happen every day- but I wish it did)
- Which spell in Harry Potter did you like the most? Mine is definitely Accio!
Expelliarmus- cos it sounds funny! (especially in the context Harry always uses it- when someone’s yelling “Avada Kadavra” at him!)
1.) What’s your name? Who named you? Why did they choose that name?
Orangutan is my birth name, chosen by my mother 😉
2.) What is the first thing you notice about people?
That I’m a massive, hairy primate
3.) What’s your favourite thing about reading?
Going on an adventure while lying in bed!
4.) What is the farthest you have been from home?
5.) What is your earliest memory?
6.) Who is your favourite historical figure?
At the moment- this guy:
(I mean just look at how he rocks that hat)
7.) Who’s your least favourite author? Why?
I’m not a fan of Virginia Woolf *at all* and have never managed to finish one of her books- even though I’ve got a fair way into 4 of them.
8.) What’s your favourite tv show?
Apart from Game of Thrones? Game of Thrones!
9.) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
10.) If you could meet anyone in the world, who would you meet? (Dead or alive)
11.) What’s your favourite movie?
Maya the Book Explorer’s Questions:
- When did you know you should start your own blog?
I honestly don’t know!
- What do you look at first: the book cover or the blurb?
Well technically the cover…
- Would you say you read a lot and can you stop reading in the middle of a chapter?
Yes and no
- Name your top 5 favourite books?
- Do you read the book after the movie that’s based on that book is already out? And which is better, the movie or the book?
I try to read the book first!
- Have you read the whole published The Game of Thrones book series? If yes, how long did it take to finish?
I read them all in the summer after the first TV series came out
- Do you have book nights with your friends?
More like book afternoons…
- You could be any book character you wanted…Who would you be and why?
Smaug because he’s a dragon!
- Do you think of yourself as a calm, quiet reader or as someone that expresses his feelings loudly when reading the book?
I’m definitely not calm 😉
- How old were you when you bought your first book and what was the name of it?
I honestly don’t remember!
- Any advice for a new blogger?
Get stuck in!
- Worst book ever written?
- Best book ever written?
- I’ve recently discovered the longest book ever written is 13,000 pages long and in French- do you think you’ll ever read it?
- What’s your average reading speed? (pages per minute)
- In 100 words or less, do you think speed reading should be an Olympic Sport? Why/why not?
- What sports do you follow (if any)?
- What’s the best place you’ve ever been on holiday
- Not including Earth- what’s your favourite planet and why?
- I’m obviously running out of questions- I dare you to attempt a handstand *right now*
- Write a limerick about your favourite/least favourite dictator
- If your house was burning down and you could only save one item, what one item would you save?
Hope you enjoyed that- and hope your day is shaping up to be as b-e-a-utiful as mine is!