So a couple of days ago I did a post about continuing series I hate. Now while Shatter Me doesn‘t really fall into that category- because I did quite enjoy it- I did have my doubts about the series. So I figured I would lay it all out in a slightly different take on a book review and enlist your help to determine whether I should continue reading!
Shatter Me Review
Rating: 3/5 bananas
What I liked:
- It was well written and had a strong voice
- The fast paced drama made for a fun quick read
What I disliked:
- The world building was underdeveloped and left too much to the imagination- I have so many questions about it and given the author’s style, I don’t feel like they’re going to be answered!
- I’m not invested in the characters at this stage in the narrative… And I should be
Other things to consider:
- I’ve heard good things about the direction the series takes and I have to say I’m intrigued…
- They’re readily available online- and as I’ve said many times before I HAVE A BOOK BUYING PROBLEM (not sure whether that’s a pro or a con to be honest!)
- And lastly… the covers are so pretty!!! I mean- just look at these:
Okay, now that I’ve laid it all out I am more undecided than ever!!
What do you think? Is it worth investing in this series? Love or hate this series- let me know on the comments!