Hello again- as promised I’m back to tackle another tag today. And this one’s pretty simple- I just have to list between five and ten pairs of books (a bit like “if you like this, you’ll like this…”). Well, it sounds pretty simple, but it was actually quite tricky for me cos I usually try to read books as different to each other as possible after each other- so I had to actually train my brain for a minute to not think in opposites! Eventually though I came up with some decent pairs of books.
Anyway- thank you so much to the awesome Bookish Underdog for tagging me to do this one. On with the tag!!
- Isla and the Happily Ever After & To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before– cute, frothy and so romantic!!
- Sabriel & Northern Lights– two of my absolute favourite dark fantasies!
- Little Women & I Capture the Castle– more cute romances!! Plus these ones have a nice bit of sisterly love going on.
- Fahrenheit 451 & V For Vendetta– books on why fascism is bad… (in case you needed reminding 😉 )
- One Day in the Life of Ivan Densovitch & Animal Farm– books on why communism is bad… (another healthy reminder: Marxism killed 100s of millions of people)
- The Belljar & The Yellow Wallpaper– books on why mental illness is bad- especially for women apparently… (boy has this post gone in a cheerful direction…)
- Hobbit & Chronicles of Narnia– the bedrock for any fantasy fan- open the cupboard and… ooh look a dragon! (also I needed to change the subject)
- Rebecca & Wuthering Heights– beautiful, slightly gothic and super seductive romances…
- Anansi Boys & Mort– funny fantasy!!!
- Three Musketeers & Count of Monte Cristo– swashbuckling- lots and lots of sword fights!
Hoho- that post got a little darker than I expected! Hope you enjoyed it anyway- I tag:
So agree or disagree with my choices? Let me know in the comments!