Because it’s Saturday and I’m gonna have a lazy day reading (I’d say don’t judge- but you guys aren’t gonna judge me for that 😉 ) I thought I’d do a chilled out post today. Thank you to the *lovely* blogger Amelia in Hull for nominating me to do this award!
THE RULES FOR THE ONE LOVELY BLOGGER AWARD
- Each nominee must THANK the person who nominated them and link their blog in the post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves and then nominate 15 people.
Tomorrow I’ll be discussing a *controversial* opinion where more than 90% of people are bound to disagree (cos that’s the rating for this movie on Rotten Tomatoes)- so I thought it might be fun to give some musical related facts about me:
- I have sung in the rain- more than once 😉
- Cabaret *FREAKED ME OUT*- that scene with the Hitler Youth *shivers*. Also this guy…
- I have a soft spot for the Wizard of Oz cos it used to be one of the only three videos my grandparents owned (the other two were Donald Duck and Marx Brothers)- we used to visit them every weekend, so I pretty much know that movie by heart.
- My history teacher took us to see Les Miserables when we were studying that period of French history- it wasn’t entirely relevant, but it was fun!
- Speaking of which, I have several versions of a lot of the Les Mis songs on my Itunes- for “On My Own” I have the official soundtrack, the movie version, the anniversary edition and the French one #noshame
- I’ve recently started listening to Hamilton *a lot*. I shouldn’t even like it cos I’m British and we’re still butthurt about the war of independence (JK! if you believe that, you need a strong dose of British humour- I prescribe Oscar Wilde and Austen 😉 )
- If you asked me to pick a favourite I would laugh… and then cry. *Some* of my faves are: the aforementioned Les Mis, Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof, Oliver, Singing in the Rain, Bugsy Malone and Sound of Music (and that’s not even including Disney or the Muppets!)
So are any of you also fond of musicals? What are your favourites? Let me know in the comments!