Hello all! I’ve got no preamble today- I just fancied doing a tag, cos I’m a blogger… which coincidentally is what this tag is all about!
1) Where do you typically write your blog posts?
At my desk. I know, exciting 😉 although my desk is something of a paper jungle right now, so it somewhat resembles my natural habitat 😉
2) How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
That really depends on the book! Also I’ve never kept track lol- I reckon some take under an hour, but I only remember the ones that I slaved over for wayyy too long (it took *hours* to write my post on the Gulag Archipelago for instance).
3) When did you start your book blog?
May 2015! Just before I finished my degree… which was not the best timing in the world.
4) What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Not keeping up with everything and consequent blogging guilt! It’s a killer combination!
5) What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
ALL OF YOU GUYS!!!
6) What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
Probably one of my satirical pieces like Worst Fantasy Novel Plan or Why Satire is Evil. But I also loved doing my 3 year bloggiversary post on blogging and promoting some other bloggers, cos it was something different that I hadn’t done before.
7) What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
Hmm, while I have the most fun doing funny sorts of posts, I probably get the most out of discussion pieces. I get to think through my ideas, hear your ideas, and come up with new ideas after- which is like an idea-xplosion!
8) When do you typically write?
Usually in the early evening. Or the night. Or sometimes in the afternoon… I really didn’t have a good answer for this except to say *NOT IN THE MORNING*.
9) Do you review every book you read?
Nope- not even close lol- that’s why I try to talk about some of the other books in mini reviews (and I still don’t get to everything). I’m getting better though!
10) How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
TEA IS A MUST. I swear if I could open a vein and have a constant supply of tea, I’d do it (okay, that’s probably a bit far, but what can I say, I’m British and CRAZY ABOUT TEA 😉 )
Other than that, it really depends on the book (and how long I’ve been procrastinating over the review)
11) When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
*Coughs awkwardly*. Honestly? It’s usually at least a month… Shocking- I know!! But that helps me plan my posts better and order my thoughts. I also can get a clear view about what I can talk about in mini reviews that way. But yeah, it’s rare that you’ll see my thoughts straightaway.
12) How often do you post?
That realllly depends on the week. Gonna make “it depends” my mantra after this post… except that’s not catchy, so not really 😉
Anyhoo, hope you enjoyed that chill post for a change! I tag:
Do you have any weird blogging habits you’d like to share? Are you a tea addict like me? Let me know in the comments!