Hello all! It’s been a while since I did a tag and there’s so many fantastic end-of-year ones to choose from- this one particularly looks like a lot of fun!! Thanks so much to the wonderful Jill Jemmett and the lovely Beth @Reading Every Night for tagging me to do this one! They’re both fantastic bloggers who have so much wonderful bookish content and you need to check them out! And a special extra *thank you* goes out to Jill, for sending me this beauty (which I received today!!!) for winning her 1000 follower giveaway:
- Tag & link the person who tagged you.
- Tag and link Jenniely’spost, for she’s love to read everyone’s answers!
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done (ticks = naughty, crosses = nice)
- Tag another 10 people.
- Received an ARC and not reviewed it
Errr do samples count? I’m gonna say no- just cos.
- Have less than 60% feedback rating on Netgalley
- Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
I rarely put my comments on GR- let alone review- so this was a safe no.
- Folded down the page of a book
*Coughs awkwardly* yeahhhh. To be fair, it’s a great way to do references for non fic (and mark pages to go back to later in general).
- Accidentally spilled on a book
Nope! What kind of philistine do you think I am? (to be fair, considering how much tea and hot chocolate I’ve drunk over my books in the last year, I reckon I’ve been incredibly lucky not to have done this)
- DNF a book this year
Yeah I DNF’d and I’m proud of it! After struggling through half of it for a month, I finally decided to call it quits. I actually consider my inability to DNF one of my weaknesses as a reader and have been trying to get better at it- if achieving that goal puts me on the naughty list then so be it!
- Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Err I’ve definitely cover bought, but I always intend to read it (even if I never do)- so gonna go with nice for this.
- Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)
*Looks around guiltily*. Oh come on, you’ve all done this. Don’t pretend you haven’t.
- Skim read a book
Errr yeah- that’s what happens when you refuse to DNF really lousy books.
- Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Hehe well considering I didn’t really have a goodreads goal, it’s pretty hard to fail this one.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library
Okay I’m overthinking this question, because I *always* have books on the go from the library, but I also *always* make sure they’re renewed/returned on time. So I’m going with a tentative no?
- Broke a book buying ban
What ban? Okay- never mind- you can all see through the pretence. Guilty as charged.
- Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
Hahaha I’ve done this for mini reviews and then end up with two lines of comments- I think it’s fairly obvious 😉
- Wrote in a book you were reading
I don’t actually think I’ve done that this year… wow, that’s a first.
- Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Oh no, I’m basically compulsive about Goodreads. I finish a book, I put it on there.
- Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend
NO! The horror, the horror. I’m basically a saint when it comes to borrowing books from friends 😉 (but also don’t like to do it cos it makes me STRESS so much)
- Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book
Hahaha! All. The. Time. Unless it’s to my sister- then the answer’s always “after I’m done with it” 😉
- Broke the spine of someone else’s book
Nooooo! That would be too cruel. As bad as I am with a lot of my own books, I hate the idea of ruining someone else’s books. If I borrow a book from someone I’m going to be squinting at the half-opened pages rather than spoil it (also, again, I’m mostly too afraid to borrow people’s books)
- Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged
Ahhh this happened to me and it was really sad!! I had to take my Muse of Nightmares out with me (alright I technically have to, I wanted to, cos I was reading it and it was amazing, okay?!) and so I decided to leave the dust jacket behind so it wouldn’t get ruined. But I couldn’t leave it out, so I put it in a drawer, consequently forgot it was in said drawer… and crumpled it when I took it out. Not too badly, but still. I feel like I was punished enough for this one- sadly Santa doesn’t feel the same way so it’s onto the naughty list *sigh*.
- Sat on a book accidentally
Sounds like me (regular Bella Swan me #sorelatable) but I don’t remember this specifically, soooo no?
Final Score: 8/20
Well, with some very careful interpretation of the questions I’m on the nice list! Although I feel like that said interpretation might be why I kinda deserve to be on the naughty list… let’s not think about that!
Cos I’m naughty at heart, I’m not gonna tag a lot of people, just:
And to everyone else- do you reckon you’d be on the naughty or nice list? Let me know in the comments!