Hello all! Today, I thought it’d be fun to pull back the curtain and give you get a peek behind the scenes in… the behind the book blogger tag! Thank you so much to the wonderful Tiffany @Read by Tiffany for tagging me to do this! I absolutely love her gorgeous blog design and fun posts- plus she’s recently started a youtube channel which is well worth checking out if you enjoy booktube! Okay, let’s get this show on the road!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1. Why did you start blogging? & Why have you kept blogging?
Coming to the end of my degree, I wanted a place where I could be honest about my opinions about books and hopefully have fun with it. I think the biggest change for me was that I came to vent my opinions into thin air… and some people listened?! From that, I found other people’s blogs and got an insane number of recommendations. I’ve had a blast and realised there was so much more to this hobby than meets the eye. All the lovely, inspirational, entertaining people along the way have made me love being a part of this community! You guys are the best! ❤
2. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
Ooh it’s hard to choose! I love writing discussion posts, but I also like making people laugh if I can!
3. What are your top three favourite blog posts?
This is subject to change at any moment, but here goes:
4. What are some of your favourite things to do to relax?
Well, obviously I like to read! And I love to draw- especially bizarre and funny little cartoons! Also, a huge fan of yoga!
5. What are three of your favourite things?
Books, chocolate and listening to music!
6. What are your proudest blogging moments?
Hitting 100 followers was the first time I thought “*whoa* something cool is happening here!” I’d also say when I was featured on Freshly Pressed just about made my day/week/year. I got so much great feedback from people who weren’t followers and found some really cool people! I think also on a personal level, there are people in my real life who’ve read the blog and liked it. That meant a lot to me.
7. What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
Well I’ve mentioned a few already, so I suppose the one thing left to mention is that I love to write stories!
8. Describe your personality in three words.
Bananas, blunt, bookaholic!
9. What are your top three pet peeves?
Okay here’s a few things that are bugging me lately:
- Moralising books (an old favourite)
- Performative lower case (I’ve never liked bad grammar and this just seems like the most egregious example lately, because somehow it’s even worse than hypercorrection, because highly educated professors are choosing to write like children!?)
- Virtue signalling corporations (we all know what you’re doing and see through it. Please stop pretending to be all virtuous and noble and oh-so-just, whilst turning a blind eye to horrific human rights abuses, all to make some bank… that’s effed up! And yeah, in case you can’t tell, this is a pointed jab at The Mouse That Shall Not Be Named)
10. What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
The first thing I ever wanted to do with my life was be an inventor, because I desperately wanted a real, working broomstick! Also, this may have come up, but I really like cats and wish I’d had one as a kid. I also used to make potions out of whatever I found in the garden or bathroom cabinet. Basically I’m an aspiring witch 😉
How about you? How did you get into blogging? And did you have any unusual aspirations as a child? Let me know in the comments!