Hope you all had a lovely day yesterday! Just thought I’d do something fun today and I *love* the title for this tag- enjoy!
Basically it’s a tag where you pick 30 fictional characters and write their names down on pieces of paper. You then pluck two names at a time out to answer a question – so there are 15 questions. The aim of the game is to pick the character that fits the criteria the best and by doing so find the character that is not “good enough” for the answer.
Thank you so much to the awesome Upside-Down Books for tagging me to do this!
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones) OR Vetinari (Discworld)
Cersei’s pretty smart, but Vetinari’s got the edge.
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
Ramsay Bolton (Game of Thrones) OR Death (Discworld)
I’m gonna be tactical here. I don’t want to imagine what horrible way Ramsay would try to kill me- but I feel like if I kill Death he can’t do nuffin. Except torture me horribly… Ah well, at least I’d get to say “I killed Death”
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette an you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
Gollum (The Hobbit) OR Miss Havisham (Great Expectations)
Miss Havisham- I feel like it’d mean more to her (I mean, it’s not “raw and wriggling” so Gollum wouldn’t care for it)
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
Ebenezer Scrooge (Christmas Carol) OR Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit)
Well it’s not going to be Scrooge is it? Gotta be Bilbo (though he might need a nudge from Gandalf)
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
Harry Potter (Harry Potter) OR Bella Swan (Twilight)
Gotta be Bella. And I’m not even sorry.
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
Inej Ghafa (Six of Crows) OR Poirot (Murder on the Orient Express)
I feel like they’d both be good, for different reasons. But Inej is more stabby and I reckon she’d be a good person to have my back.
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
Smaug (The Hobbit) OR Aslan (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)
A part of me wants to yell at Smaug to USE YOUR WORDS (I mean, you don’t have to burn people alive) yettt he just might eat me for that, so I’m going to have to go with Aslan. And to be honest, he might have withheld some information from me to teach me a lesson so- who knows?– I might even be justified.
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favourite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
Mark Watney (The Martian) OR Richard III (Richard III)
No question- Mark would cheer me right up. I have a feeling Richard’s comforting words might come with a knife between the ribs anyway.
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
Kaz Brekker (Six of Crows) OR The Darkling (Grisha Trilogy)
Kaz- he’s pretty cool and I feel like the Darkling might be a little emo for the popular crowd.
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
Voldemort (Harry Potter) OR Iago (Othello)
Do I want either of these to remember my birthday? Ermm going with… Voldemort. Iago is probably one of those jealous people that pays close attention to other people’s birthdays; I don’t imagine Voldemort has a great memory for birthdays.
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would most likely be?
Dracula (Dracula) OR Celaena Sardothien (Throne of Glass)
Celaena’s actually a great reader buuuut Dracula’s more charismatic. So Count Dracula Reads it is.
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
Dolores Umbridge (Harry Potter) OR Walder Frey (Game of Thrones)
*Sighs* this is what happens when you have the bright idea to mostly use villains. Honestly I don’t want either of them to come. Dolores I guess, she likes pink and at least she’d be less handsy.
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
Humbert Humbert (Lolita) OR Edward Cullen (Twilight)
Ugh ancient creep or younger creep- I’m not technically either of their choice since I’m not underage. Edward I guess- at least he looks young.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
Peter Pan (Peter Pan) OR Atticus Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird)
I imagine Peter Pan’s pretty flaky with texts; Atticus on the other hand is probably on it. I reckon he’d write back long paragraphs promptly with perfect grammar.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?!
Jean Valjean (Les Miserables) OR Gandalf (The Hobbit)
Obviously Gandalf- he has magic and is often pedalling adventures- to be honest though I’d still be wondering WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY KITCHEN?
The Awkward Book Blogger, Literary Lattes, Noriko, Nessa, Beth, Rebecca, Sam, Naty, Sophie Li, Angelica, Zezee and A Book Calls
Okay that was so much fun! Do you agree with my answers? Disagree? Let me know in the comments!