Hello all! Hope you’re all having a relaxing Sunday! And as you can tell from the title, I was nominated to do this a few times and it’s taken me ages to get to, so yada yada yada, gonna cut this preamble short- onto the rules!
The Rules Are:
- Anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
- The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
Thank you so much to the brilliant Pooga @Lifesfinewhine, the spectacular Sammie @ Bookshelves and Biro’s, the awesome Kester @LilBookLovers, the wonderful Steph @Stephanie’s Novel Fiction, the fantastic Michaela @JourneyIntoBooks, and the lovely Liis @ Cover to Cover– they’re all incredible bloggers, so check all these peeps out!!
- What’s the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
What a lovely question! Many people have done many nice things for me, but I’m gonna go with how sweet my sister is to me on my birthday every year cos it’s fresh on my mind.
- What are you most afraid of?
Ooh deep- and speaking of depths, not a fan of heights 😉
- Do you think the world is getting better or worse?
Hahahahahahahaha… oh dear, trying to answer this without getting too heavy is gonna be hard. In all honesty, I follow the politics too closely and it brings out my inner pessimist, but I’d generally say “better” when I’m in a good mood and thinking about all the amazing technological and social advances of our age. Okay, hope that wasn’t too bad… next question?
- What do you consider your best blog post from 2016 and why?
Ooh err, I’ve left this a while haven’t I? Ermm maybe one of my wrap up posts (I honestly can’t remember, 2016 was sooo long ago!)
2. Do you have any blogging goals or big plans for your blog in 2017?
*Coughs* Well if I did, I hope I’ve fulfilled them at this stage, it’s getting a bit late in the year for new year’s resolutions.
3. What have been your best and worst reads of this year and why?
Well I’m gonna go with of 2017 cos otherwise this is gonna get ridiculous- so far, off the top of my head, I’d put Fahrenheit 451 right up there and Wideacre’s gonna be one of the contenders for worst book for sure- as for the rest of my list… we’ll have to wait and see…
- What is your favorite album or soundtrack you like to listen to and why?
And it’s my favourite for loads of reasons: 1) it was the first CD I ever owned 2) I was brought up on a diet of old 60s music and the Beatles are my faves and 3) cos this album has all their number one hits (though incidentally it’s missing a lot of what I consider their best songs)
- Which book have you been wanting to get signed for such a long time?
Ooh hard question! I would go with Six of Crows, partly cos a lot of my favourite authors are dead, partly cos I don’t have a lot of physical copies by any of my fave living authors (first instincts being Carry On and Neverwhere), but mostly cos I love this book.
- Would you rather read only physical books but get a paper cut every 15 minutes or e-books but your device shuts down for 1 minute every 5 minutes?
Ermm no thank you to the papercuts? I figure that would be quite inconvenient and I might eventually die of blood loss or something.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Ermmmm certain kinds of books?! Taylor Swift music… Chocolate… (this is starting to sound like confession)
- What is your greatest joy in life?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 13-year-old self?
Chill out. Take a break- have a kit kat- yeah I know you don’t like kit kats, it’s just an expression… I meant stop taking yourself too seriously, but don’t forget to take some things seriously… (I should really stop talking to my thirteen year old self…)
- If you could travel to any fictional world, which would you choose?
Narnia! (I may have finally finished the books recently and am a bit obsessed now)
- If you could only read one book or series for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Gosh *hard* question!! I don’t want to have to choose just one series- gah!! I suppose His Dark Materials cos it’s an old favourite and there’s a new one coming out soon!
- If you could bring one book character back to life, who would it be?
- Who would win the Fairytale Cage Match: The Grimm Brothers or Hans Christian Andersen? Why?
Hans Christian Anderson cos he would kill with *feels*!!! The Grimm Brothers would just be curled up in the foetal position sobbing something along these lines: “I-I-I know, w-w-w-e chopped toes off the s-s-stepsisters- b-b-b-u-t why did you have to k-k-kill the Little Matchgirl” (oh yeah, spoiler alert)
- A goblin comes to you this evening granting you a wish with which you can wake up tomorrow in any fictional world and live there for the rest of forever and ever- what fictional world is it and why?
Okay I already chose Narnia, so, you twisted my arm HOGWARTS (I’m going through all the clichés today, but they’re cliché for a reason)
- You can choose 3 fictional characters and grant them real life. Who would you choose to play god on and bring into this world and why?
The Librarian from Discworld (duh), Mark Watney (cos he’ll perk up my mood) and King Arthur cos “I need a hero!”
(also I just wanted to stick that pic in there)
- Which bookish baddie would you least like to meet in an alleyway at night?
- If you had to be in the Hunger Games *and* fight a famous supervillain, who would you pick and why?
- Winter is coming… what book will you be reading to keep you warm at night?
And now I’m dying to know- what would *your* answers to my questions be? Let me know in the comments!